We do a top to bottom inspection of all residential structures from a New Construction to a Fixer Upper.
- Single Family Residence
- Mobile Homes and Modular Homes
- New Construction
- Fixer Uppers
- Investment Properties
Know exactly what you are getting into. A small price now may save an expensive ‘surprise’ after purchasing.
Pictured below was a 1.5 foot vertical crack in one of the sewer drain lines with an active leak. Likely unnoticed for years. I also noted foundation settlement related to this leak.
My Client was able to renegotiate the purchase price due to the damaged sewer lines. The total was $1,200.
Most sellers have negotiated to their bottom dollar by the time the contract is signed. If the buyer wants to renegotiate you may make less than initially planned. You also run the risk that the buyer will exercise their option clause and walk from the deal. Finding a major repair this late in the game may send the deal into disarray.
When you hire your own inspector instead of rushing to make repairs prior to closing (costly) you can make any necessary repairs on your schedule using YOUR OWN contractor you know and trust. These improvements may actually increase your asking price.
“Homes with a pre-listing inspection get more offers and close sooner with a higher final price.” -Zillow.com
Move-In Certified™ by InterNACHI®
I will also be your advocate by looking over and dissecting your Buyer’s Inspection report IF they choose to get one.
- Foundations (Pier and Beam and Slab)
- Grading and Drainage
- Roof and Covering Materials
- Attic and Insulation Inspection
- Walls (Interior and Exterior)
- Ceilings and Floors
- Doors and Windows
- Patios, Porches, Decks, Carports, Balconies
- Fireplace and Chimney
- Location of Service Drop/Underground Service
- Identification of Copper or Aluminum at Panel
- Testing of Electrical Outlets
- Safety Concerns
- Non protected splices
- Presence of GFCI and AFCI outlets
- Properly rated electrical service
- Properly rated electrical panel
Heating and Cooling (HVAC) Inspection
- Type of System: Central, Zoned, Space
- Identification of heating/cooling source
- Deficiencies in function (when applicable)
- Examination of air intake
- Differential to assess potential performance
- Examination of proper Condensate drain
- Examination of Duct Work (when applicable)
- Safety Concerns (Heating)
- Proper clearances from combustibles
- Proper termination of flue pipe
- Location of Gas Shut Off
- Signs of Flame Impingement
Plumbing, Drainage and Waste
- Identification of Functional Flow
- PSI tested within normal limits (40-80PSI)
- Location of main water shut-off
- Functional drainage
- When accessible exam of sewer lines
- Presence of hot water
- Commodes and Fixtures
- Water Heater Safety Concerns
- Temperature Pressure Relief
- Proper termination of overflow
- Energy source and Capacity
- Built in Stoves and Microwaves
- Garbage Disposal
- Range, Cooktop, and Oven.
- All tested for operation, missing or damaged components
- Function and Safety Tested
- Location of Photoelectric sensors
- Reversing feature on mechanical doors
- Locks or Side Ropes properly disabled
Click below to Schedule your Home Inspection Online!